Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Chinese Thanksgiving

Chinese people love to eat. That’s all I can say. My brother and I went to Toronto for Thanksgiving week to visit our aunts, uncles, great aunt, great uncle, and assorted friends of the family….like most Chinese families, ours is pretty large. The first day, or actually first meal(lunch) we were ecstatic to see well made Chinese food. So we gorged ourselves, not realizing that we had only 5 hours to recover before have to gorge again for dinner. And this was day one, only the beginning. Imagine, having your stereotypical thanksgiving dinner nonstop for a week. Yes I gained weight, fortunately I’m scrawny from eating my own cooking, so I actually look better from eating so much.

But other than eating I did get to see Niagara falls, the lighting of the Toronto x-mas tree, and two musicals (Hairspray and Mamma Mia). I love both the musicals, and am planning on picking up the ABBA cd. I’m sure it’ll fit in well with my collection of Linkin Park, Avril Lavigne, and Yellowcard. But it’s always nice to have variety.

Now it’s time for Christmas and present shopping. I really do love this season.

No comments: