Thursday, February 24, 2005

No druggies in NY?

You know it’s amazing. I live in New York and read articles about NYC all the time and rarely is there ever a mention of drugs, unless you’re talking about some medical scandal. In New York news, you get lots of stories about murders: freak subway accidents, snow plows running you over, shootings, and so forth. Other typical news stories are about politics, snowstorms, schools, sports scandals, but nothing about drugs. I first noticed this oddity when I went back to Arizona and saw a anti-drug commercial. I actually had to ask a friend what meth labs were. I seriously never heard of them before, and I still haven’t out here or any other type of drugs. Does this mean that drugs aren’t an issue in NY? Or maybe New Yorkers really aren’t interested in articles about drug abuse, so it never makes the news. Who knows…

No comments: