Monday, August 08, 2005

The infinite search

Trying to find an affordable place to live in NY with a dog is like trying to find an affordable place to live in LA when you’re a full-time unknown actor. You can be responsible, considerate, clean, but once you mention that one seemingly trite liability, the rental agents don’t call, the landlords hang up, and you get rejected right and left. I even got a solicitation on roommates.com from a lesbian couple, but was unwanted once they found out about my dog. Then you start thinking of settling. Looking farther away so it takes 45 minutes ….50 minutes….or even a little over an hour to get to work. Or thinking, you really don’t need to be close to a laundry, it’s a luxury item if you think about it. Or maybe the place you’re at is just fine, even though you can’t use more than two appliances in the kitchen without blowing a fuse; the stove is missing; and there’s annual floods and periodic rusty brown water. After all, it has a pretty view and a washer/dryer. Well, let’s hope something good happens. Maybe someone will get evicted from the one pet friendly apartment in White Plains. Or I receive an inheritance from a long lost relative, so I can just buy a place. Well you never know miracles can happen.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feeling lonely? Hook up with Real Singles now for $4.99 to connect, and only $0.99 a min. A true match is only a phone call away. Give it a try 1-800-211-9293.

cyshas said...

Great, now I'm getting SPAM on my blog. Does this happen to anyone else?

Anonymous said...

Hey, I didn't know you were looking for a new place? What is wrong with where you are now?

cyshas said...

Hey Jen. it's not bad, b/c it's cheap and allows dogs. But it has no stove, water problems, and I want to be closer to NYC. Right now I'm 1 hr away.

Anonymous said...

How long does it take for you to get to work everyday? no stove? do you microwave all your food? ewww.

cyshas said...

Right now about 1/2 hour, which is good for this area. *_* Yeah no comment on the stove, I have a hot plate and eat out a lot. When I stayed at home and tried to cooking for myself, I think I ended up loosing weight. *_* I really hate my cooking. But hopefully I'll find a new place soon.