Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Days in the sun

South Beach Miami, pale sand, blue seas, and the hottest gays guys anywhere… definitely a great place for vacation. I haven’t seen so much flashy clothes full of flowers, ruffles, and glittering beads except on the show girls in Las Vegas. Lying in the sun on the beach. It was absolutely relaxing. Watching people pass by, wondering whether those people were straight or gay, those couples were just friends or dating, those breasts were fake or real. This was the life, no work, no worries; all I needed was a good massage and a drink. The first would have been difficult, the latter was out of my price range….selling at $15 a plastic cup. No one ever said a worry free life was cheap. But I did get my drink ($14 in a martini glass) at the Sky Bar lounge later that night. It was an awesome place I would recommend to anyone. One of the bars was closing down for a private party that night. With the MTV music awards the night after, we had to wonder if it was related. After avidly watching the doorway to see who got in and trying to see anyone famous, we finally found out it was just a vendor party for a magazine….well there went all the excitement. So we wandered outside where there were candle lit couches/beds around a swimming pool. It was beautiful, and a place you’d want to go with your boyfriend. Sorry girl friend, I know you got bored after a while too. Plus. I had that early flight that I had to wake up before dawn for. So we went back to the room and watched MTV and Fashion TV. I didn’t know male models were so young and skinny. Well after spending way too much money, I’m back in NY and life goes on.

No comments: