Friday, July 30, 2004

Boycott J Crew Shoes

Here is a warning to you all. DO NOT BUY J CREW SHOES. They might look cute and fashionable, but if you get them wet they don’t last. In NYC, I went out with a cute new pair of J Crew sandals while it was raining; and they literally fell apart. Like any good Asian shopper, I did check where they were made before I bought them...made in Italy. Yes I bought them from a J Crew store, so they weren’t bootlegs. Just so you don’t think I’m overreacting, my friend was also wearing a pair of J Crew shoes. They bled until the entire soles of her feet were black. Soap, water, and alcohol did not remove the dye, at most it lightened it. It’ll probably take several washings or paint thinner to get her feet clean. So just a warning for you all…. don’t buy J Crew shoes. They’re just not worth it.

4 comments:

SexyCool said...

okay...i won't buy any...

Kenny said...

Maybe you should boycott *rain*...

But seriously, I guess some fancy shoes aren't meant to stand up to the "out of doors." These are shoes fit only for indoor wear, or display cases. Also, shoe racks.

cyshas said...

Well I just got a $2 pair of sandles from Old Navy that I know will stand up to the rain. =P

Anonymous said...

Definitely shared your friend's experience with a pair of espadrilles last season... the leather ankle wrap dyed my skin orange and then the sales people were apparently nasty to my poor boyfriend when he went to return then (I was out of the country for the summer).