Friday, July 16, 2004

To be or not to be single...

So I’ve been thinking…maybe I should start dating again. The grass could very well be greener on the other side. Plus since the relationship with Mike, I’ve been pretty cynical about boyfriends and romantic relationships in general. Don’t get me wrong, I still believe in love. I have just started to believe that guys have a bad tendency to lie when they try to make good impressions. While this phase only lasts around a month and even after the girl sees the guy’s true nature and has serious doubts about the relationship, she already likes him… and it’s all down hill from there, because just liking and being attracted to someone isn’t enough in the long term. I'm hoping I'll be more optimistic about the whole relationship thing, once I start dating again.

But trying to find dates is going to take a lot of effort. Westchester NY isn’t exactly the best area to find singles, it's a very family orientated area. Between the bar and the gym, I’m not sure which one would be the last resort, since I don’t drink or exercise. There’s on-line dating, but it doesn’t hold much appeal anymore. Speed dating and singles clubs are usually for an older age group. At church, I met generations of families, with no singles in my age group. Oh yeah, and to all my friends who tell me that guys pick you up in book stores, it doesn’t happen to me. So what are my options?

Ah heck maybe I’ll go back to sitting on my butt, and hoping some cute, intelligent, dependable , caring guy picks me up. Now I remember why I’m single. I’ll have to give this some thought. Let me know if you have any ideas.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're not all idiots... when you and I dated those few times, I never lied to you... granted I was very inexperienced and had no idea what to do... but...

Anyway, keep plugging, and be approachable... not that you aren't... I don't know how you are these days... heh -------------Arthur

cyshas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chastity said...

You said: "just liking and being attracted to someone isn’t enough in the long term."

At least you're smart enough to realize that, so many people just ignore it and settle for some idiot who treats them badly. There are good guys our there, I sware!!

cyshas said...

OK Art, I admit it. You were the sweetest guy I ever went out with, and you didn't lie to me. But we were more friends, and not "couple". I think guys as friends are the best. It just when it gets serious...something screwy happens. And I admit girls mess around with guys heads too, as you well know. I dunno, maybe I'll meet a nice, normal guy when I go clubbing this weekend. *_* I think I'm catching a cold though....so we'll see.