Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Life in NY

OK, due to the hinting of a certain friend, I am posting something. Actually I thought I would have more to post this week, because a few friends visited me this past weekend. We all know each other from NC. Two are still living in Raleigh and one in Tennessee. But other than experiencing NYC rush hour traffic and other odd transportation issues (cancelled trains, missing subway stops because we were distracted) there isn’t really an exciting event I could post about. We did all the tourist stuff: central park, the met, Chinatown, Statue of Liberty, Little Italy, clubbing, dining, etc. (I was surprised that they were body searching people at the dance club).

What is interesting is how much you pick up from your friends. I didn’t notice it that much until my Tennessee friend pointed it out. For example, Joanna, a girl normally into girly stuff, is totally into checking out cars now. (Note: Steve is obsessed with luxury cars). Joanna needed to get a fake Kate Spade purse for her sister. Steve ended up getting a fake Gucci purse for his girlfriend. After about 3 hours of purse shopping, I had a driving need to buy my own fake purse. Hopefully the urge will fade now that I’m away from NYC, and I was able to dig up a fake Luis Vuitton purse out of my closet. I’m not sure if my friends picked up any weird habits from me. I had a cold the entire time…so they may have picked that up from me. *_*

Well now all my friends are gone, even the one here for the summer internship. I have laryngitis now, so it’s not like I can talk to anyone. I’ll need to think of something else to fill up my time though in the future. I’ll let you know if something interesting happens.

No comments: